- He said everyone should own a gun to protect themselves from criminals and terrorists, and would shut down “any place where radicals are being inspired.” Except #MAGA rallies.
- He denies human beings are responsible for climate change.
- His previous tax plan proposal would have provided the top 1 percent over $200,000 in tax cuts per year, and would have completely eliminated taxes on capital gains. That’s on par with Donald Trump’s ideology of protecting the haves.
- He wanted to freeze federal spending at 2008 levels for everything except defense.
- He wanted a permanent U.S. presence in Iraq, and supported ending the nuclear deal with Iran.
- He voted to repeal Obamacare every opportunity he had to protect his constituents.
- We have no way to know where he is on immigration because he’s flip-flopped — first working on legislation to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, and then firmly anti-legalization.
- He’s lied about his personal history – saying his parents were Cuban exiles although they left Cuba before the revolution.
- He was careless with official money. When serving in the Florida House he charged personal expenses (including a $130 haircut) to a Republican Party credit card intended for official use.
- And although elected to the Senate as a Tea Party favorite, he’s now the establishment’s favorite Republican.
Similarly his top donors are Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo, and hedge-fund billionaire Paul Singer – along with Koch Industries.
Little Marco always jockeying for positions that serve his incessant need to elevate his status quo, while neglecting the very people he serves.